Weather September/October

Forums Thru-Hikers Weather September/October

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andi 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Heather Houskeeper
    Participant

I am considering a thru-hike during the month of September into October- is this a wise/pleasant time to hike the trail? I am wondering how cold it may be and what the precipitation may be like. Thanks for your help!

Andi
    Participant

Heather, I’m planning to hike the trail in September, as well. I have been looking up a lot of average weather patterns for that time of year, just to see what usually happens around that time of year. It does get a little cooler at night, but not under 40 degrees… on average, of course. I tried looking up averages at different points along the trail, obviously because higher elevations will be colder. It all doesn’t seem to be unbearable, and precipitation is at a minimum, on average. I am hoping this fall will stay very typical and not have a surprise monsoon or something! *knocking lots of wood*
    I hope that helps you, somewhat. I am really debating what extra gear to bring, as I want to stay as light as possible but don’t want to be UNDER-prepared.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar