Water Conditions

Forums 2016 Hikers Water Conditions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Erin 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Conifermann
    Keymaster

Please add any updates on water along the trail.

Chuck or Ddubs
    Participant

I assume it not wise following any misplaced seeming in the middle of nowhere irrigation pipe? :c)

Tom Moose
    Participant

Hey Coniferman–just bought your book about the Klamath region. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the maps sold here show the water sources? I’m going to hike the last 100 odd miles of the trail this fall and want to make sure I have good information.

Conifermann
    Keymaster

Tom- Thanks for buying Conifer Country, I know you will love it. The Bigfoot Trail map set includes are perennial water sources. You can see a few examples of the maps HERE.

Mary Kwart
    Participant

Water sources in the Siskiyou wilderness are all flowing copiously. Many fords on the West Fork of Clear Creek–I think more than in the guidebook. I camped at Willis Hole that night and my shoes were frozen solid the next morning last week.

Erin
    Participant

Just finished the hike (north to south, so opposite the BFT map direction) and generally the water was more plentiful than on the maps. The only concern I had was in the Yolla Bollys and there were little streams everywhere, especially on the Humboldt Trail. Water was scarce in the Siskiyous near Baldy Peak, along the Wild Mad Road leading to the West Low Gap trailhead, and along the Devils Hole Ridge trail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar