Thru-hiking early July 2017

Forums Thru-Hikers Thru-hiking early July 2017

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Conifermann 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jelly bean hikes
    Participant

Hello fellow hikers. I’m hoping to thru-hike the BFT in early July. How can I find out up to date info on trail conditions then? Who else will be out there this summer? I’ll be flying in from Oregon…what city will I want to land in, and is there a bus or Lyft to reach TH from airport? (I’m undecided yet from which end of trail I will start. Open for suggestions!)

Thanks!

Brendan
    Participant

I don’t have any info to add, but my partner and I are hoping to thru-hike the BFT starting late June or early July!

Turkey
    Participant

I’m also planning to hike the BFT starting mid July with my partner and a friend I hiked the PCT with.
    As far as getting to the trail it sounds pretty challenging to get a ride to and from the southern trailhead. There is however an airport in Crescent City. Perhaps if you hike south from there when you reach Ides Cove trailhead (feeling confident and strong) the 45 mile walk/hitch to red bluff won’t seem too bad. Wish I had a better suggestion. We live in the Arcata/Eureka area and plan to have a friend drop us off.

Conifermann
    Keymaster

I’ll be posting a hiking/snow conditions blog post in about a month. I think early July will be a perfect time to start though!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar