Resupplies

Forums 2016 Hikers Resupplies

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mary Kwart 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tobias Nickel
    Participant

I was looking through the maps and identified three suitable resupply locations:

1) Hayfork Post Office (~70 miles from the Southern Terminus)

2) Mountain Meadow Resort (~140 miles from the Southern Terminus)

3) Seiad Valley Post Office (~230 miles from the Southern Terminus)

I am planning to cover 15-20 miles per day, thru-hiking the BFT in about 20 days. The last haul from Seiad Valley to Crescent City will be a long stretch and I will have to carry 7-9 days of food. Are there any other resupply options along this section? I was thinking about possibly dropping a cache at Kelly Lake (~ 280 miles from the Southern Terminus) beforehand. Would that be an option? Does anyone have any other resupply suggestions or tips? Thank you!

Mary Kwart
    Participant

I did the trail in 2015 and put a food cache where the trail meets the Bigfoot Highway, east of 199.

Mary Kwart
    Participant

Sage Clegg invented her own hiking alternate to Cave Junction to re-supply a few years ago. She has a website–www.sageclegg.com

Tobias Nickel
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely take these options into considerations. Sage Clegg’s website is really helpful. Thank you!

Anonymous

I will be transferring from the PCT right around the southern tip of the Russian Wilderness, and then heading NOBO. It’ll be interesting because my last resupply before Seiad Valley will be Castella, which is 84 miles to the BFT transfer point near Trail Creek/Foster area. I should be out on the BFT (if all goes well in relation to when I can get started on the entire hike which will start in the Sierras) around mid to late October. Really looking forward to this region. Thanks for getting these topics going. Besides Sage Clegg and the BFT official site not many people have too much experience on the BFT. I just started a topic on Whiteblaze. If it gets any momentum I’ll be sure to share here.

Mary Kwart
    Participant

I hiked the BFT in 2015 and trail angel for the PCT out of Ashland Oregon if you need any assistance in October–contact me via email–mkwart@gci.net or phone 541-864-0141.–Mary “Fireweed” Kwart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar